Friday 27 April 2018

Anne-Marie Speak Your Mind Album Review

Anne-Marie Speak Your Mind Album Review 
Rating: 6/10 
Favourite Tracks: Ciao Adios, Alarm, Then, Bad Girlfriend, 2002  
Least Favourite Track: Trigger 
Image result for anne marie speak your mind


On this review I will be reviewing an album released today on the 27th April 2018. It is the debut album by 'Anne-Marie' called "Speak Your Mind".

Anne-Marie also known as Anne Marie Rose Nicholson is a British singer songwriter who has been in the music scene since 2015 when she released her EP "Karate". Which was a first project released from her. It was an EP with only 4 tracks which is a good start to her career even though none of the songs on that EP were being played on commercial radio. In 2016 she released her debut single "Alarm" it became a single where fans started to discover Anne-Marie. When I first heard I was mind blown on how good that track is. I first discovered Anne-Marie back when she was backing vocalist for 'Rudimental'. She was featured in a 'Rudimental' tracks called "Rumour Mill". During last year she dominated the charts with singles "Ciao Adios", "Alarm", "Friends", "2002". I am not fan of mainstram music that much but I do like a couple of mainstream music. "Ciao Adios" is a great track love the drum tempo on mid chorus part. Discussing about her debut album after hearing this album what did I think of it? I thought it was an okay album it was decent. It was a decent album but one track I thought did not go well on the entire album. It includes a squeaky EDM sound that sounds like a baby about to cry. But overall the album is not that bad. The production team includes 'Steve Mac', 'Marshmello', 'MNEK', 'Amir Amor' and many more.

Favourite tracks starting with "Ciao Adios". It's a summer vibe. It's a track that makes you want to sing a lone with Anne. I love the drums on the mid chorus. "Alarm" which was her debut single I love her energy and momentum on this track defintley one of the strongest tracks on the album. "Then" is a decent track not quite the strongest but it's still decent I like the production that Steve Mac delivers on this track. "Bad Girlfriend" Love the EDM sounds on this track. It's a good track even though should be slightly better. "2002" Ed sheeran wrote the song for Anne-Marie it's a beautiful song. Loved 'Beanie's' guitar riffs. My least favourite track was a track called "Trigger" the squeaky EDM sound had to ruin the track. It sounded like a baby about to cry.

Overall I thought this album was okay it was decent. I would listen to it again if Im in the mood for Anne-Marie. It's a 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment