Thursday 31 May 2018

Aisha Devi DNA Feelings Album Review

Aisha Devi DNA Feelings Album Review 
Rating: 6/10
Favourite Tracks: Dislocation Of The Alpha, International Dreams, Hyperlands, Genesis Of Ohm 
Least Favourite Track: Light Luxury 
Image result for Kate Wax DNA Feelings

On this review I will be reviewing the new album from Aisha Devi, which was released on the 11th May this month this year. It's the second (sophmore) album by Aisha Devi called "DNA Feelings".

Aisha Devi also known as Kate Wax is an avant-grande artist from Switzerland, who has been making music for quite some time. She is best known as a film composer where she has composed films such as "The Middle Of Tekir", "He Was A Giant With Brown Eyes". Despite this is my first time discovering her, Her music is really interesting it's a mixture of avant-grande, trip hop, and a bit of ambient. On this album "DNA Feelings" it includes these thumbing beats, Which I find very interesting. Her voice is very beautiful mixed with these thumbing hardcore beats. Discussing about her discography she has released two studio albums and some EP'S. Her debut album "Of Matter And Spirt" was released in Autumn 2015. Despite I have not heard her debut album I will listen to it once I finish this review. Her second album "DNA Feelings". Since hearing her new album what did I think of it? Well I thought it was very interesting it was my first time discovering her. She has an interesting voice. Her voice is mixed with these electronic thumbing beats. Even though I have not heard her debut album I can't really compare it to her new album. I might enjoy her debut album. But overall I thought the album was okay.

Moving on to my favourite tracks starting with "Dislocation Of Alpha" I love the interesting voices on this electronic track being mixed with these interesting electronic beats. "International Dreams" another interesting track with interesting electronic production. "Hyperlands" I love the thumping sounds on this track. "Genesis Of Ohm" I love the robotic electronic sounds on this track it's a good track. My least favourite track was "Light Luxury" It's an alright track but not quite the strongest on the album.

Overall I thought the album was okay. I will listen to her debut and see what I think. I would listen to it again. I am giving this album a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment