Thursday 31 May 2018

Jack White Boarding House Reach Album Review

Jack White Boarding House Reach Album Review 
Rating: 8/10 
Favourite Tracks: Connected By Love, Why Walk A Dog?, Ice Station Zebra, Over And Over And Over, Respect Commander, Get In The Mind Shaft, What's Done Is Done 
Least Favourite Track: Hypermisophoniac 
Image result for jack white boarding house reach

On this review I will be reviewing the new album by Jack White. The album was released this year on the 23rd March 2018. It's the third studio album by Jack White called "Boarding House Reach".

Jack White is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor from Detroit Michigan. He is known as the lead singer and guitarist of the duo 'The White Stripes'. He has also had success with other bands and of course as a solo artist. 'The White Stripes' I am not big fan of them but they have made some great songs in the early 2000's such as "Seven Nation Army", "Fell In Love With a Girl", "We're Going To Be Friends", "You Don't Know What Love Is" and many more. If I had to pick a favourite 'White Stripes' album I would say "White Blood Cells". I have been fan of Jack White's solo career since his debut album "Blunderbuss" was released. 'Jack White' has always been a blues rock artist along with garage rock, folk rock, blues, punk blues. Jack was also in other bands such as 'The Raconteurs', and 'The Dead Weather'. Despite I am not big fan of 'The White Stripes' I much prefer his solo career. Discussing about his discography he has released three studio albums. "Blunderbuss" his debut studio album, The album that made me a 'Jack White' fan. I really love "Blunderbuss"it's a calm blues rock album. His second studio album "Lazaretto" his second studio album. Which I thought was an alright album not his strongest album but it was alright. Which brings us now to his new third studio album "Boarding House Reach". Since hearing his new album what did I think of it? I was quite surprised that it sounded so different than the previous albums. This album was more experimental than the other two. I do not understand why some music reviewers gave this album a negative score. I was pleased that Anthony Fantano gave this a 9/10. This album is a great album I really loved it it was something new.

My favourite tracks on the album starting with "Connected By Love" I love the backing choir on this track whilst Jack's singing. This track is well produced. "Why Walk A Dog?" it sounds like an 80s experimental rock track really great track. "Ice Station Zebra" such an amazing track I really love the sounds on this track. "Over And Over And Over" This track is freaking awesome it's the best track on the entire album. I would say it's his best track overall as solo career. "Respect Commander" Awesome guitar riffs and interesting sounds. "Get In The Mind Shaft" another great track it's well produced. "What's Done Is Done" I love how this track is so calm another great track. My least favourite track was "Hypermisophoniac" I found this one quite weird.

Overall I loved the new Jack White album. It's a good album. I would listen to it again. It will definetley make it to my list of Top 20 Best Albums Of 2018. I would give this album an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment