Tuesday 29 May 2018

Towkio WWW. Album Review

Towkio WWW. Album Review 
Rating: 5/10 
Favourite Tracks: Symphony, Morning View, Drift
Least Favourite Track: Lose Me (I Don't Mind) 
Related image

On this review I will be reviewing the debut album from 'Towkio' which was released on the 23rd February 2018 this year. It's the debut album from the Chicago rapper 'Towkio' called 'WWW.'.

Towkio also known as Preston Oshita is an American rapper from Chicago Illinois. He was previously known as Preston San and Tokyo San. He is a member of the 'Savemoney Crew'. His biggest influences are Kanye West, and Lil Wayne. Towkio has been releasing music since 2012. In 2012 he released a collaborative EP with producer 'Mojtek' titled "Community Service". In 2014 he released another EP titled "Hot Chips n Chop Stix" it was produced by 'A Billion Young'. 'Towkio' has featured in some artists projects such as 'Chance The Rapper', Vic Mensa and many more. 'Towkio' has been described as a 90s jazz rap artist with funky carnival beats. When I listen to his music it sounds like carnival rap. It's like the Brazilian carnival vibes. Discussing more about his debut album"WWW.". After hearing this album what did I think of it?  I thought this album was average if I am being honest. There are some tracks that I thought had great collaboration for example I really enjoyed the 'SZA' collaboration on the track "Morning View". I also enjoyed the 'Teddy Jackson' collaboration on the track "Symphony". I loved the carnival vibes. It's an average album with some alright tracks.

Moving on to my favourite tracks starting with "Symphony" I loved the carnival vibes on this track it reminds bit of the 'Basement Jaxx'. Great collaboration from 'Teddy Jackson'. "Morning View" featuring the beautiful talented 'SZA'. I love 'SZA' she is such an amazing talented artist. I am glad 'Towkio' featured her on his project. Great track. "Drift" which I thought was a great track another funky carnival beats on this track. My least favourite track was "Lose Me (I Don't Mind) it's an alright track not quite my favourite.

Overall this album was average. I might listen to it again. It's a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment