Tuesday 1 May 2018

Janelle Monae Dirty Computer Album Review

Janelle Monae Dirty Computer Album Review 
Rating: 9/10 
Favourite Tracks: Dirty Computer, Crazy Classic Life, Django Jane, Pynk, Make Me Feel, I Like That, Don't Judge Me, Americans 
Least Favourite Track: Screwed 
Image result for janelle monae dirty computer

On this review I will be reviewing the new Janelle Monae album which was released on the 27th April 2018. It is the third studio album by Janelle Monae called "Dirty Computer".

Janelle Monae is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, actress, and model. Janelle originally began her music career back in 2003 when she released her demo album "The Audition" She then went on to release her first EP back in 2007 "Metropolis:Suite I(The Chase)". Her genre is a funk, with R&B, and a bit of art rock included with hip hop. She was signed to 'Bad Boy Records' where she released her debut album "The ArchAndroid" back in 2010. "The ArchAndroid" is a decent album it's an okay debut album with great tracks such as "Faster", "Locked Inside", "Cold War", "Tightrope" and many more. I love the track "Tightrope" from her debut album which is featured from one half of 'Outkast' 'Big Boi'. "Her sophomore album (Second album) "The Electric Lady" is a great album it's very entertaining with jazz influence. Gospel also had some influence on this album. I saw a live performance on YouTube of Janelle performing the track "Electric Lady" I loved her atmosphere when she performed that track live. I love her energy I love how she jumps to the crowd whilst "Electric Lady" is being played. "The Electric Lady" is a great album just like the first one. Moving on to her new album "Dirty Computer" after hearing her new album what did I think of it? It keeps getting better and better. I loved this album it's defintley a contender for album of the year and likely to even be nominated for Grammy Album Of  The Year. This album is superb I loved the collaboration on this album. The collaboration includes 'Brian Wilson', 'Zoe Kravitz', 'Grimes', 'Pharrell Williams'. The opening track on the album "Dirty Computer" which is featured the legend himself Mr Brian Wilson. It's a good opener to the album but I feel like we should have heard more from Brian. The track "I Got The Juice" featuring Pharrell Williams not the best track but it's alright I love the funky production.

My favourite tracks on the album starting with "Dirty Computer" Which is featured the legend himself Mr Brian Wilson. I love the harmony sounds on this track. But I feel like we needed to hear more from Brian. It felt like he was the backing vocalist. "Crazy Classic Life" I love the repetition on this track I love her smooth voice on this track. I love how she changes from singing to rapping in approaching the end of the track. "Django Jane" I love her rap flows on this track it's so catchy. Her flows and lyrics are just too good. "Pynk" which is featured with 'Grimes'. At first I didn't like the track but then after few listens I started to enjoy it. "Make Me Feel" This track is amazing I love the 'Prince' vibes on this amazing track. "I Like That" it's an okay track I loved her rapping flows on the end of the track. "Don't Judge Me" I love the guitar intro on the track it sounds like a mid 90s R&B track. "Americans" it's a good track. I like the production on it. It's quite underrated track. My least favourite track was a track called "Screwed" which is featured 'Zoe Kravitz'. It's an okay track but I didn't think it was strong as the others.

Overall I loved and enjoyed this album. It will defintley make it into my Top 20 Best Albums Of 2018 list which will be revealed in December. I would listen to the album again. I loved it. It's a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment