Wednesday 30 May 2018

PRhyme PRhyme 2 Album Review

PRhyme PRhyme 2 Album Review 
Rating: 7/10 
Favourite Tracks: Black History, 1 Of The Hardest, W.O.W, My Calling, Everyday Struggle, Gotta Love It 
Least Favourite Track: Flirt 
Image result for prhyme 2 pitchfork

On this review I will be reviewing the new album from Hip Hop duo 'PRhyme'. The album was released this year on the 16th March 2018. It is the second studio album from 'PRhyme' called "PRhyme 2".

PRhyme are an American Hip Hop duo which consists of two members 'Royce Da 5'9' and 'DJ Premier'. 'Royce Da 5'9' is from Detroit. While 'DJ Premier' is from Brooklyn New York. These guys were formed in 2014. They created their own record label PRhyme Records where they released their debut album "PRhyme". Discussing about these two starting with 'Royce Da 5'9'. He is best known for his longtime association with Eminem as well as his solo career. Royce is one half of the rap duo 'Bad Meets Evil' while the other half is Slim Shady himself 'Eminem'. Royce has released seven studio albums. 'DJ Premier' is a record producer and DJ and was half of the hip hop duo 'Gang Starr' alongside the emcee 'Guru'. He is considered as one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time. He has produced for many artists such as 'Big Daddy Kane', 'Common', 'Dr Dre', 'D'Angelo', 'Nas' and many more. Discussing about their discography they have released two albums. "PRhyme" which is their debut studio album a great debut album from two legends who have been in the longest in the Hip Hop scene. It's a great debut album with great collaboration featuring 'Common', 'Schoolboy Q', 'Mac Miller' and many more. Which brings us now to their second album 4 years later they are back with their second album "PRhyme 2" since hearing this album what did I think of it? It's another great album. This what hip hop albums should definitely sound more in 2018. It's true hip hop. These two are legends and have been in the game for a long time. It's a good album I loved it the production was good.

Moving on to my favourite tracks starting with "Black History" I really love this track. I loved how they were rapping fast on this track it's a good track with great production. "1 Of The Hardest" it sounds like 90s rap back again but it's more hardcore rap. Decent production. "W.O.W" another great track great production. "My Calling" I love the birds sound on the beginning of the track, great production on this one. "Everyday Struggle" I love the DJ scratching on this track it's a great track. "Gotta Love It" which is featured the legend himself 'Cee Lo Green' it was seeing him being featured on this project. It's a great track. It's also featuring Brady Watt. My least favourite track was a track called "Flirt" It's an okay track. Not the strongest on the album.

Overall I enjoyed this album. I thought this was a good album. I would listen to it again. I am giving this album a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment