Thursday 31 May 2018

Vance Joy Nation Of Two Album Review

Vance Joy Nation Of Two Album Review 
Rating: 3/10 
Favourite Tracks: Lay It On Me, Saturday Sun 
Least Favourite Track: Alone With Me 
Image result for vance joy nation of two




















On this review I will be reviewing the new album from Vance Joy. The album was released this year on the 23rd February 2018. It is the second (sophomore) album called "Nation Of Two".

Vance Joy also known as James Gabriel Keogh is an Australian singer and songwriter. Vance Joy is an indie pop, indie folk artist. He was signed to Atlantic Records on a five-album deal in 2013. I do not listen to 'Vance Joy' that much. I first discovered him with the single "Riptide", At the time when I heard "Riptide" being played on the radio I really enjoyed the track. I do not understand why some music reviewers did not really like "Riptide" at the time. During that time it made me want to discover more about his music which I did. His debut album "Dream Your Life" was an alright album. I thought it was an alright folk album with decent production. However his second (sophomore) album "Nation Of Two" was a disappointment. Since hearing his new album what did I think of it? I just can't believe it took him four years and that's the best he can do with his new album. It sounds like 'Mumford & Sons'. I understand why music reviewers have been giving this album a low rating. I was hoping a better indie folk album from him. Unfortunately he does not deliver on this album. I much prefer his debut album than this one. Some of the tracks on this album were good but some did not grab my attention on liking the other tracks.

Moving on to my favourite tracks on the album "Lay It On Me" it's definitely the best track on the album. It's like I am listening to this whilst driving. "Saturday Sun" it's a joyful folk pop track really enjoyed this track. My least favourite track "Alone With Me" it was the weakest on the entire album. Well there were some others that were weaker.

Overall I was disappointed on the new album by 'Vance Joy'. I would not listen to the album again. Hopefully a third album in the future will be much better. I would give this album a 3/10.



No comments:

Post a Comment