Thursday 10 May 2018

Nils Frahm All Melody Album Review

Nils Frahm All Melody Album Review 
Rating: 7/10 
Favourite Tracks: Sunson, Human Range, Forever Changeless, All Melody, Momentum 
Least Favourite Track: My Friend The Forest 
Image result for nils frahm all melody

On this review I will be reviewing the new album from 'Nils Frahm' which was released on the 26th January 2018. It's the ninth studio album by 'Nils Frahm' called "All Melody".

Nils Frahm is a German musician, composer and record producer based in Berlin. Originally from Hamburg. He is known for combining ambient, classical, and electronic together. He mixes on a grand piano with an electronic synthesizer "Roland Juno-60" and many more. He uses a lot of vintage gear during his live performances and on his songs from his different albums. I dont know Nils that much since I don't listen much to his music but he is actually a good composer. Just love how he plays the grand piano and mixes it with a synthesizer. He has released nine studio albums which I haven't heard his albums that much apart from hearing "All Melody" in full. Since hearing this album what did I think of it? I thought it was interesting album I liked it. I loved how he mixes Ambient and Classical together. Despite I am not a fan of Classical music but I prefer Ambient than Classical. It's a good album to relax to. Definitely recommend if you are looking for ambient classical and electronic all together on one album. When he plays the grand piano on some tracks it feels like it was recorded on a voice notes from a phone. I heard the background noise in the studio.But overall it's still a good album very impressed I will need to hear his other albums.

My favourite tracks on the album starting with "Sunson" I love how the build-up on this track the synthesizer really does build-up on this powerful track. "Human Range"a relaxing soothing ambient sounds on this beautiful track. "Forever Changeless" great piano solo on this track. Love the production on this track another relaxing track to relax to. "All Melody" a beautiful piano melody which includes a soothing ambient sound. "Momentum" a interesting noise sounded like a choir. My least favourite track was a track called "My Friend The Forest"  it's an alright track I guess but not quite my favourite.

Overall I enjoyed this album it was a good album. I would listen to it again. It's a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment