Tuesday 15 May 2018

Wiley Godfather II Album Review

Wiley Godfather II Album Review 
Rating: 5/10 
Favourite Tracks: Been A While, I Call The Shots, Bar, Crash 
Least Favourite Track: All The Time 
Image result for wiley godfather 2

On this review I will be reviewing the new album released by 'Wiley' on the 27th April 2018. It is Wiley's twelfth studio album called "Godfather II".

Richard Kylea Cowie Jr also known as 'Wiley' is a grime legend from Bow East London. He is a rapper, recording artist, and a record producer. Wiley is one of grime's longest pioneers. He has been in the scene from the very beginning in the early 2000s. Wiley's is a legend along with 'Dizzee Rascal' two grime legends who have been their since grime was underground up to it becoming popular and mainstream. Wiley started as a DJ and eventually began rapping incorporating Garage music, along with Drum And Bass. Along with his produced instrumentals which led to the first creation of Grime beats such as 'Eskimo'. Wiley started on Rinse FM when Rinse Fm was a pirate radio at the time before they gained the licence for it to be broadcast on FM. Wiley always used to spit bars on some Rinse FM shows such as DJ Slimzee show. Wiley formed the group 'Roll Deep' before his other group 'Pay As U GO' disbanded. The members from 'Roll Deep' include Dizzee Rascal, Tinchy Stryder, DJ Target, Scratchy, Flowdan and many more. 'Roll Deep' started as a garage group. After Dizzee and Tinchy left. It became a Pop Grime group. Discussing about Wiley's discography Wiley has released 12 studio albums such as "Da 2nd Phase", "Playtime Is Over" , "Evolve Or Be Extinct", "The Ascent", "Godfather" and many more. Which brings us to his new album "Godfather II". Since hearing this album what did I think of it?  I thought this album was average. The first half of the album started strong but the second half is average. The first half starts off as the heavy grime sounds whereas in the second half sounds more like a pop grime which is different to the first half.

My favourite tracks on the album starting with "Been A While" I loved his flows on this track it's catchy it's hard. I love the chorus "Eskiboy Godfather II I'm back with the bang". "I Call The Shots" featuring 'JME' This track is a banger. The collaboration on both artists is awesome their flows  are just too good. It feels like your in East London listening to them. "Bar" featuring 'Scratchy' 'D Double E' I love the sounds on the production it really represents what 'Eskimo' beats sound like. The collaboration was alright despite I dont know much about them. "Crash" which is one of the tracks from the second half of the album which I thought this track was the good one. It's featuring 'Sinead Harnett' who I have been fan of her music for quite some time. It's a decent song it's like a pop rap song. Wiley's flows were decent on this track. My least favourite track "All The Time" which I did not like. I don't know why Wiley used autotune on this track.

Overall the album was average disappointing it did not sound nothing like "Godfather 1" only the first half sounded like it. I dont see myself going back to this album only the tracks I liked. It's an average album. It's a 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment