Saturday 12 May 2018

Kali Uchis Isolation Album Review

Kali Uchis Isolation Album Review 
Rating: 8/10 
Favourite Tracks: Miami, Just A Stranger, Flight 22, Tyrant, In My Dreams, After The Storm 
Least Favourite Track: Nuestro Planeta 


On this review I will be reviewing an album which was released on the 6th April 2018. It is the debut by Colombian American singer 'Kali Uchis' called "Isolation".

Kali Uchis is a Colombian-American singer, songwriter, poet, record producer, music video director, and a fashion designer. She is known as her collaborated song with 'Daniel Caesar'  "Get You" which was nominated for Best R&B Performance in the Grammy's. I first discovered her from her track "After The Storm" featuring 'Tyler The Creator', 'Bootsy Collins'. Which I thought was a great track. Tyler's flows were really good. I loved her voice on "After The Storm". Her voice is so smoothing. She has one of the most smoothing beautiful voices of 2018. Discussing about her projects she has released one EP. "Por Vida" which is a start to her music career. I quite enjoyed her first EP I thought it was really smoothing. During that time it was released (2015) I knew this girl was going to be successful. She's really beautiful she deserves to be more heard from around the world. Discussing about her debut album "Isolation" since hearing this album what did I think of it? Can I just say 'Wow' I am very impressed with this album. This album is so beautiful. I just love how she sings mixed Spanish along with English. Her voice is so beautiful. It's defintley a contender for my Top 20 Best Albums of 2018 which will be revealed in December. It's also likely to be nominated for the next Grammy's hopefully. She really done well on her debut album. Absolutely love this album.

My favourite tracks on the album starting with "Miami" featuring 'Bia'. I love the collaboration on this track. 'Bia' done well on this track but 'Kali' vocals on this track is simply amazing. "Just A Stranger" featuring 'Steve Lacy' I thought the production on this track was good the production was decent. The collaboration was alright. "Flight 22" I love how 'Kali' is a cabin crew on this track by saying welcome aboard to "Flight 22". It's basically a takeoff track. Her vocals is so smooth and beautiful makes me want to relax. "Tyrant" which is featured with 'Jorja Smith' defintley my overall favourite on the entire album. These two artists are the future of music and they showed it on this beautiful track. "In My Dreams" which was produced by 'Gorillaz' Aka 'Damon Albarn' It's sounds like an 80s synth pop track. "After The Storm" featuring 'Tyler The Creator' and 'Bootsy Collins' a great track. Impressed with Tyler's rap flows on this track. Lovely vocals from 'Kali' and 'Bootsy'. My least favourite track was a track called "Nuestro Planeta" it's alright but it sounded more like Spanish reggae 'Reggaton'. Not the strongest on the album. But it's still alright.

Overall I enjoyed listening to Kali's debut album I loved it it was beautiful. I would listen to it again. It's an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment