Sunday 27 May 2018

Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour Album Review

Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour Album Review 
Rating: 8/10
Favourite Tracks: Slow Burn, Butterflies, Oh, What A World, Love Is A Wild Thing, Space Cowboy, Wonder Woman, High Horse, Rainbow 
Least Favourite Track: Velvet Elvis 
Image result for kacey musgraves golden hour

On this review I will be reviewing the new album from Kacey Musgraves which was released this year on the 30th March 2018. It is the fourth full length studio album from Kacey Musgraves called "Golden Hour".

Kacey Musgraves is an American country pop singer from Texas. She is a singer and a songwriter. I am not a big fan of country music but some artists like Chris Stapleton and Kacey Musgraves I like listening to. I first discovered Kacey back in 2015 where she released her sophomore full length album "Pageant Material" I enjoyed listening to her sophomore album. There were great tracks such as "Dime Store Cowgirl", "This Town", "Biscuits", "Somebody To Love" and many more. It was a great album I enjoyed it. Kacey started releasing independent albums for quite some time she released independent albums such as "Movin On", "Wanted: One Good Cowboy" "Kacey Musgraves(Self-Titled)". She was signed to Mercury Nashville record label in 2012 where she released her debut solo single "Merry Go Round" which is a single from her debut full length album "Same Trailer Different Park". Since she signed to Mercury Nashville record label in 2012 she has released four studio album. "Same Trailer Different Park" her debut studio album. It's an alright album not my favourite but it's alright. "Pageant Material" which is the album I enjoyed a lot definitely my favourite. "A Very Kacey Christmas" her third studio album which is a Christmas album. I thought it was good album it's an album for the festive season to get ready for Christmas. Which brings us to her new album her fourth studio album "Golden Hour". Since hearing this album what did I think of it? I loved her new album I agree with music journalists praising the album. I can understand why this album is fantastic which is of course a beautiful album. It's definitely a contender for album of the year. It will definitely be a contender on my Top 20 Best Albums Of 2018. "Golden Hour" could definitely be her best album up to date. Really enjoyed her beautiful country pop vocals. It's a great album.

Moving on to my favourite tracks starting with "Slow Burn". I love her vocals on this beautiful track. Beautiful guitar riffs. "Butterflies" I love the 70s guitar country pop on this track. Kacey wrote this track one week after meeting her husband 'Ruston Kelly'. The lyrics on the track implies that she was just going through the motions of life. Her love builds up and does not bring down like past relationships. "Oh, What A World" I love the electronic effects on the track which reminiscent of 'Daft Punk'. She expresses her gratitude for life on this track. I enjoyed this track a lot. "Love Is A Wild Thing" A beautiful track about love. "Space Cowboy" it's about her significant other leaving. she recognises the good times they had together. It's claiming he need space and she is willing to give it to him. It's a great track. "Wonder Woman" The track is about a woman who wants her partner to know that she ain't Wonder Woman and that she does not need to be a superhero. It's a relationship song very beautiful. "High Horse" This track injects a more disco production to it's country foundation. "Rainbow" another beautiful track so smoothing that makes you want to relax and listen to her beautiful voice. My least favourite track was a track called "Velvet Elvis" not the strongest in my opinion but it's alright.

Overall I enjoyed this album. I loved it, It's a great album. I would definitely listen to it again. It's a 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment