Friday 25 May 2018

Sting & Shaggy 44/876 Album Review

Sting & Shaggy 44/876 Album Review 
Rating: 4/10 
Favourite Tracks: Morning Is Coming, Sad Trombone 
Least Favourite Track: Don't Make Me Wait
Sting and Shaggy - 44-876.png

On this review I will be reviewing an album which was released on the 20th April 2018. It is a collaborative album from Sting, and Shaggy called "44/876".

Sting also known as 'Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner' is an English musician, singer, songwriter and actor. Who was also known as the lead singer and bassist for the new wave band 'The Police' they were a great band at the time I love the tracks "Every Breath You Take", "Roxanne", "So Lonely" and many more. Shaggy also known as 'Orville Richard Burrell' is a Jamaican musician, singer, DJ, and former United States Marine. He is best known for his hit singles "Boombastic", "It Wasn't Me", "Oh Carolina" and many more. For the first time these two artists come together to release a collaborative album. This album has been getting a mixture of reviews. The British newspaper 'The Guardian' gave this album a 2 stars out of 5. Most British newspapers have been rating this album quite low. However 'Pitchfork' An American music magazine have rated this album a 4.8/10. Discussing more about this album this is a reggae/pop album with some jazz reggae references. After hearing this album what did I think of it? I thought this album was hilarious. I literally could not stop laughing whilst listening to the entire album. This album is bad. Both artists tried their best on this album. On some of the tracks it sounded more like pop reggae than an entire reggae album. I did not expect this collaboration to happen let's be real who would have thought this two would make an album together.

Moving on to my favourite tracks on the album starting with "Morning Is Coming". This smooth reggae track is one of the only good tracks on the album. I love how they start on this track it's like a smooth downtown reggae track. "Sad Trombone" I love the jazz reggae on the start of this track it's a great track shame the album is not that good. My least favourite track is "Dont Make Me Wait" which was released as a single before the album was released. This track I thought it was boring cheap pop reggae track. It's just a boring track.

Overall I did not enjoy this album. I dont think I would listen to it again. It's a 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment