Sunday 27 May 2018

Courtney Barnett Tell Me How You Really Feel Album Review

Courtney Barnett Tell Me How You Really Feel Album Review 
Rating: 6/10 
Favourite Tracks: City Looks Pretty, Need A Little Time, Walkin' On Eggshells, Sunday Roast 
Least Favourite Track: I'm Not Your Mother, I'm Not Your Bitch 
TellMeHowYouReallyFeel.jpg

On this review I will be reviewing the new album from Courtney Barnett which was released on the 18th May 2018 this year. It was released last Friday. It is the sophomore studio album from Courtney Barnett called "Tell Me How You Really Feel".

Courtney Barnett is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician. She is an Indie rock, Alternative rock, and Folk artist who has been making music since 2012. I have been a fan of Courtney's for quite some time. I first discovered her back in 2014 when she released a track called "Pickles From The Jar" which I thought was an annoying track with annoying lyrics for example 'I say dance you say dance'. I would say it's her worst track. After a few years I gave her a chance. Her debut album "Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit" released in 2015. Very unusual name for a debut album. I thought her debut album was alright some of the track were average but it was alright. Two years later she releases a collaborative album with 'Kurt Vile' called "Lotta Sea Lice" which I enjoyed the album. It's a fantastic collaborative album by two great artists. They both deliver a great indie rock album. One year later Courtney's back with a new album. She is back with her second studio album "Tell Me How You Really Feel". Since hearing her new album what did I think of it? I thought it was an alright album. I thought it was okay. It was more alternative rock. I would say I prefer this album than her debut album.

Moving on to my favourite tracks starting with. "City Looks Pretty" this up-rocking track is so good. It sounds a bit like 'Wolf Alice'. "Need A Little Time" It sounded more like a folk rock track which I enjoyed also. "Walkin' On Eggshells" Which is my overall favourite. This track is awesome. It has awesome vocals and awesome guitar riffs. "Sunday Roast" a calmful rock track that makes you want to relax. My least favourite track was "I'm Not Your Mother I'm Not Your Bitch" It was one of those hard aggressive rock tracks. I just thought it was the weakest track on the entire album.

Overall I can say this album was okay. I quite preferred it than her debut. I would listen to the album again. It's a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment