Wednesday 30 May 2018

Charlie Puth Voicenotes Album Review

Charlie Puth Voicenotes Album Review 
Rating: 6/10 
Favourite Tracks: Attention, Done For Me, If You Leave Me Now, Somebody Told Me 
Least Favourite Track: The Way I Am 


On this review I will be reviewing the new album from Charlie Puth which was released this year on the 11th May 2018. It's the second (sophomore) studio album by Charlie Puth called "Voicenotes".

Charlie Puth also known as Charles Otto Puth Jr is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer from New Jersey. His exposure became success through YouTube videos where he was posting covers on YouTube. I do not really listen to his music but I do like some of his songs. I like the song where he was featured in the Fast Furious soundtrack. "See You Again" featuring 'Wiz Khalifa'. It was his debut single. It was a tribute to Paul Walker. After the success of "See You Again" he also gained recognition worldwide through another debut single which was a led up to his debut album "Nine Track Mind". The single is called "Marvin Gaye" which is featured 'Meghan Trainor'. I thought the collaboration did not go well. It's an okay track but not his best. Discussing about his discography he has released two studio albums. "Nine Track Mind" which is his debut studio album. I did not think it was his best album. The problem with this album was lack of production. This made the album turn out to be negative reviews by music reviewers. I feel that the album could have been better with better pop production.Which brings us to his second album "Voicenotes" since hearing his new album what did I think of it? I thought it was an okay album. It is definitely better than the debut album. "Voicenotes" has better production than "Nine Track Mind". On "Voicenotes" it has some great collaboration featuring 'Khelani', 'Boyz II Men', and 'James Taylor'. Charlie stated that he describes this album as 'Walking down a dirt road and listening to 'New Edition'.

Moving on to my favourite tracks starting with "Attention" when I heard this track on the radio I was surprised that Charlie released this. The track is so catchy. It's defintley one of his best tracks. "Done For Me" which is featured 'Khelani' her beautiful soothing voice is on this track. It sounds like an 80s club pop song. "If You Leave Me Now" which is featuring 'Boyz II Men'. The underrated track on the entire album. It's a great track it's a calm and peaceful R&B track. 'Boyz II Men' did great for being the backing vocalists on this track. "Somebody Told Me" it's a 90s pop rock track. I enjoyed this one. My least favourite track was "The Way I Am". It's a decent but not quite the best opener to the album.

Overall I can say that this album was okay. It's so much better than "Nine Track Mind". I would maybe listen to it again when I am in the mood to listen to his music. I would give this album a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment